Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hong Kong Thus Far

Alright, I'm on a roll tonight! The storm is still going strong and my only tutorial tomorrow is cancelled, so I'm free to stay up and blog more :)

I must apologize in advance though, because I got waaay too lazy to bring my camera around during orientation week. My most action-packed week. But nevertheless, I had tons of fun meeting exchange students from all over the world!


I arrived in HK on the 23rd of August, only to get morbidly sick for the next week and beyond. I was literally throwing up every single dinner I had, and I had this terrible cough that is still lingering even now. This wonton noodle soup was the first thing that I could finally stomach and stay in my system. Yummmmmmm.

Which brings me to another random point: HK doctors suck. I'm sorry, but using only 30 seconds to check on my lungs does not make me feel like you properly diagnosed me. I know you guys are super high-tech and shit but I did not involuntarily throw up my food until I took the 82748274927 different medicines you prescribed me. Blehh.


Gai dan jai sold in Tsim Sha Tsui of all places. Hahaha. Good snack food :)


Explored TST and its awesome harbor view on my own. Avenue of the Stars with hand prints of all the famous HK celebrities, son! Okay, so I did get a bit giddy when I saw Leon Lai's hand print. Stop snickering.


BRUCE!


Went to eat at Dai Pai Dong (well, a bit classier version than that) and this drink is actually soda mixed with beer! I was surprised that it was alcoholic cuz I just ordered what my cousin's daughter ordered (she's 15). The family baby sipped on it too! This drink makes beer a bit more tolerable.


*Salivates* If there's anything awesome about HK, it's the food. No lie.


CUHK organized a City Tour for all the intl exchange students. I found dim sum at the Peak Plaza :)


View from the Peak


Cute flower I found from the peak :)


We then headed to Stanley Beach and saw THE CUTEST DOG. A very fat welsh corgie closer to the ground than your lowered corvette! Hahaha.


Okay so now I know this is no San Diego beach. Bunch of crap in the water, but I guess it still has its own HK charm.


We didn't want to shop at the market nearby so we just ended up going for a beer at 4pm! Hahaha.


Cheeeeers! We went back to the bus and my friends started singing random oldies while we were waiting to go to our next destination.


Hahahaha TST again! But the night view is so damn gorgeous. I don't think I can ever get sick of it.

Alright, so lots of talk about HK and not so much about my university that I'm supposed to be studying at. Let's just say this campus is a pain in the A to navigate. With buses running only once every 20 minutes and serving only around 5 bus stops, there is no way you can get anywhere without walking up a slope equivalent to a number 8 incline on the treadmill or 6 flights of stairs. Just imagine UCSD campus, but doubled in size (or maybe more...) and then slapped onto a mountain. Yes, I'm not kidding. The enormous size of this campus baffles me, but I think I'm slowly getting used to it. :) Perhaps I'm getting more fit from walking around everyday, but all this good food is gonna make me gain it all back. :P

Night view from my college. You ready for it?


Absolutely beautiful, and even more so when you see it with your own eyes. Almost makes all this walking worth it. Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment