Thursday, September 9, 2010

9/9/10

Today I went to Wan Chai with Jay, Bryan, and Tiffany to get their Chinese visas at the embassy. It was the first time I've been on Hong Kong island in the daytime...Hahahaha shows how much partying I've been doing instead.


See? Still pretty cool lookin' in the day! (The hookers come out at night *cough*)


We passed by a pretty fountain & garden...


...So we had to camwhore :)


After an unfortunate event that involved bird shit and hair, we finally arrived at the embassy! And we were met with the slowest security check in the world. C'mon guys, pick up the pace!!!


WHEEEEEEEEEE! Bryan and Tiff had to go back to campus to meet up with other people for dinner & LKF, so Jay and I went to check out the Hong Kong History Museum before I had to go meet up with relatives for my Uncle's birthday dinner.


A very pretty light display


Posing with some hawt guys


This is how boats looked like decades ago!


Conducting ma cable car from yo parent's generation


My cousin's daughter (niece once removed?? whatever) actually MADE this cake herself! It's filled with sponge cake, mango mousse, and topped with a layer of glazed sliced mangoes on top--baked into perfection. Oh btw, she's 15. :)


My very happy uncle cutting a very delicious cake :) He's turning 69 this year! O_O


I had an awesome time with my grandmother, uncle, aunt, cousins, and their kids! It's really rare for me to actually have family gatherings since my relatives from both sides of my family do not live in America (except for one aunt...but kind of far away in Vegas). I'm definitely gonna take advantage of the fact that I am staying somewhere close to family for the next four months! :)

2 comments:

  1. Dude that cake looks friggin amazing, did your cousin make the flowers on top too? Holy shit sons. I just went through all your entries, you have food in all of them that had pictures!!! You piggy. :D


    (and your photographs are pro, are you using the camera we got you or did you get a new one?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She made EVERYYYYTHINGGG. Pretty crazy huh!?

    I'm still using the camera you guys got me! It takes good photos and I usually spice them up in Photoshop before I post them here =D

    ReplyDelete