Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Very Last Thing

Tomorrow is the day I fly out to Asia! It hasn't quite hit me yet, but I'm sure I'll realize it when I get there. Haha.

I'm not sure if it's because I will be mainly eating Asian food abroad, but I have been craving Mexican food like no other.

Sandy asked me the other day what is the last thing I want to do before I leave for Asia. Cherry had bought a dozen of Krispy Kreme donuts the day before she left. What was mine? I gave it a thought, and started my adventure early.

I headed to In-N-Out Burgers for one last meal from them. No animal fries or anything fancy, but just a good ol' combo #2 with a coke. Yum. Then I went to the nearest Mexican grocery market and bought a little over half a pound of fresh Mexican cheese. I still don't know what kind of cheese it is. It's not cotija for sure. It's just straight up labeled "Queso Fresco" (fresh cheese) and I just took it for what it is.

Today I will be having my final real meal in the States at Boiling Crab (they should feel honored) with some friends. Can't wait to order pounds of shrimp dunked in the whole she-bang sauce and sweet potato fries!

Although one of my last fatty desire is actually my mom's homemade arepas stuffed with pulled pork and the cheese I bought. Nothing like comfort Venezuelan snack food to wrap it all up.

I shall see you all on the other side of the world tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment